Wednesday, January 25, 2012

The Day Before Christmas

On Christmas Eve morning, my siblings and their families get together at my mom and dad's house.
We are all with the other side of our families on Christmas, so this is our Christmas morning.
We have donuts for the kids, coffee and treats for the grownups, and all the cousins exchange presents.
It's loud and crazy fun.
There are 7 kids.
4 of them are mine.
I have more kids than my brother and sister combined.
And as you can see from the picture below, mine are the crazy ones.


My kids love all their cousins so much.
They are so lucky to get to see them and play with them often.
I enjoy watching them all together, but that morning, my eye was pretty taken with Davy.
He was passed around from one set of arms to another and just calmly sat, taking in all the chaos.
I love this baby.


Davy and his Dziadzi.




Davy and his cousin Veronica.



She couldn't get enough of him.



Davy and his Uncle Jay.




I take a lot of pictures of my kids.
Like any mommy, I am wholly in love with them and think they are the most beautiful beings on the planet.
But I try to remember that when they grow up and look back through the photos of their youth, they'll want to see pictures of other people besides themselves.
They'll want pictures of their siblings, their cousins, parents, grand parents, aunts, uncles, friends, their house,  and neighborhood.  
I think they'll even enjoy pictures of the things they played with, their backyard swing set or their favorite restaurant.
I don't always remember to take pictures of these things.
But I'm trying to get better.
Perhaps it should be one of my goals for 2012?


Only a few more Christmas posts to go and then all new content!
I have a big old list of ideas.
Love from,
Greta

1 comment:

hennymats said...

What a cutie! And that serious look on his face!
I think that's a brilliant resolution. Ages ago I made a picture book for my older son (about Davy's age then) with simply all his favorite things, from bananas to daddy's car to his toys and things in his room. We still have it.

Love
Swenja