Wednesday, January 25, 2012

You're a Mean One, Mr. Grinch

This year, William came down with it first.
And after being up through the night barfing, he slept away the morning on the couch.
By afternoon though, he needed entertainment.
He read, drew, and played Legos, all from the confines of the couch.
Then he started to get a little antsy.

It had been a long night, and William wasn't the only one who was tired.
So I decided to let the kids, and myself, have a break and watch a movie.
I wanted something Christmasy.
But they said "no thanks!" to my 2 favorites: Charlie Brown and White Christmas.
I guess we've watched them more than a few times.
"Can we watch something new?" they asked.
New?  Hmmm.
Then it hit me.
They hadn't seen The Grinch yet.
I loved that movie when I was a kid.
It was such a huge event the night it was on TV.
Remember?
My mom made popcorn and we'd actually get to watch something on TV at night.
We must have watched it in my Grandma's room when she was living with us, because there was no other TV for us to watch.
It was a big deal.

It was a big deal to my kids, too.
It's not often they get to watch something new.
They were excited.
And then the movie started.
And they met the Grinch for the first time.
I snapped pictures of the whole thing.
Because their reaction is so awesome.
James would watch snow on a TV screen, just to get to watch TV, so he was all over this cartoon.
Lilly and William however, have a different response.
They are not too sure about this Grinch fellow.
In fact, I don't think they like him very much.
Take a look.

1.  
2.
3.
4.

I love how in picture #4 they are all fully engaged in the movie.
'Yes I hate it, but I can't look away!"
MUST. WATCH. THE. HORRIBLE. MR. GRINCH.
I will laugh at these pictures for the rest of my life.

And for the record, I never, ever, times a katrillion, would have let James watch the Grinch when he was 3.
Or William.
But the more kids I have, the more I find they wear me down.
I've gotten a lot more lax about some things.
If I have any more kids, they'll be drinking coke in their bottle at 6 months old and staying up till 10 to watch the Real Housewives of Orange County.  
Lord help me!
Mr. Grinch, you're a three-decker sauerkraut and toad stool sandwich.
With arsenic sauce!
Love from,
Greta

2 comments:

lauren said...

oh.my.goodness. we did the same thing!! i took pictures of grayson's reaction too! they are at he end of this--

http://alwayssomethingreal.blogspot.com/2011/12/end.html

could not look away! but in absolute disgust. seriously i was dying too. :) i try to think maybe i have a gotten a little smarter too? that i know a little more about which battles are worth it and which are just my overreactions? maybe?? ;)

hennymats said...

Their faces are so funny!!!