Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Sky Ride Memories

There are certain things that are an essential part of our trip to the fair.
I have the photo booth, they've got the sky ride.
It's one of the most anticipated events of the day.
They love it.
LOVE.

Here's the deal.
We are chincy on rides; only a couple per kid.
For one thing, we don't want to spend all our time in the fun zone.  
For another, we don't want to spend all our money in the fun zone.
Those carni rides aren't cheap!
(although, James learned about wrist band day this year, so he decided to save his money to buy a wrist band at next years fair.  looks like i might be spending more time in the fun zone)
This year they each got 3 free rides for participating in the reading program.
And even though it meant giving up a ride in the fun zone, they all wanted to go on the sky ride.

James is an old pro.
William is still nervous--especially about the getting on and getting off parts--but mostly he is so very excited for this ride.  You can see it all over his face.
Lilly went for the first time this year and she was uncharacteristically timid.
Sometimes they pick me to go with them, sometimes it's Daddy.
This year it was Daddy.

On their way!



William's feeling it!




Still feeling it!
I love that boy's enthusiasm.
They love for me to walk along unnder them and then to spot me in the crowd.






You know you are madly in love with your husband and kids when you find a picture of their feet hanging down from the sky to be adorable.




How can I not love this?
Seeing my man with our kids like this fills my heart with such joy.
It makes me thankful.




As Davy and I strolled along , looking up at 4 of my dear ones, I was again grateful for the opportunity to make more memories with our kids.
It doesn't take a lot to make a memory.
But I guarantee they'll someday say to one another, "remember when we went to the OC fair and rode the sky ride with mom and dad, every time?
It's the time you spend together that matters, not the money.




Coming in for a landing.




Another year at the fair and another trip through the skies.
Another memory made.
Here's a blast from the past: 2 years ago at the fair.
My boys look like babies!
How time does fly.
So we're making the most of it now.



Love from,
Greta

No comments: