Monday, September 21, 2009

You Belong in the Zoo

Last week my Mom and Dad joined the kids and I at the San Diego Zoo. I love the zoo. I have been going there for as long as I can remember. My parents went there when they were kids. It is fun for us all to be together. Especially since Dziadzi likes to do the "rides". First up, the double-decker bus. William was just saying, "someday I want to ride on a double-decker bus, Mommy." Well, William, dreams do come true.
After a visit with a macaw, we hit the sky ride. The boys rode with Dziadzi.
And he let them stand up to wave to me. Thanks Dad.
I am not even afraid of heights, but the sky ride makes me a little nervous. The views are beautiful, but it goes really high.
Return trip, just William and Dziadzi. And there he is standing. Thanks again, Dad.
The zoo has amazing plants.
The 3 amigos checking out some fish and turtles.
Notice how Lilly has the wire in her mouth?
Nice Lil.
We had the most fun watching the gorillas. They were really active. One of them kept running around in circles and rolling in the dirt like the Tasmanian Devil. He reminded me a little bit of William.

1 comment:

Erin McDonald said...

How fun!We have a zoo here but I am afraid to go for fear of curelty? Who knows??? I might go some day and we do have a lot of homeschoolers around so maybe we could make it a group thing! Well I am glad you had fun and I hope your dad get's the CLUE! hee hee! Love you!