Monday, August 16, 2010

For Your Amusement: Yarn, Geodesic Domes and Underwear

I've written before about how much fun the boys have with yarn.
James, especially, seems to enjoy it.
You can't believe what that boy does with a bunch of yarn.



By the way, if you're new around here, you'll soon see that my kids pretty much live in their underwear.  And that's it.  Well, as long as there are no guests over.
We try to maintain some respectability.
But back to the yarn.

This time he tied it to the tree and some sticks until his creation took over most of the yard.


He was quite taken with the shapes he was making.  He called me out to look at them.  When I asked him if it was another web, he told me no.  He was trying to make a dome.  Like the ones on the playground.
Of course.


He has eccentric artist written all over him.
Watch out girls!




At some point I am going to have to stop posting pictures like this of the kids.
But I am going to keep at it for as long as I can because they make me laugh.
A lot.
And who doesn't need a laugh on a Monday morning?
Hoping you find something that makes you happy this fine Monday.
Love from,
Greta

3 comments:

Christ in the Chaos said...

That last picture made my Monday!

Laurel said...

What a great post Greta! If I remember right we spent many a hot summer night in our underwear! Hahaha...what fun memories:D

Betsi* said...

Oh my goodness! That last picture of James is GOLD. Love it! Looks like my house at any given moment!