Tuesday, March 16, 2010

How To Make a Spider Web

Remember how I like to give my kids a lot of free time to play?
They never fail to come up with something.
It usually makes a bit of a mess, but as long as I'm in my right mind, it doesn't bother me much.

This time they made a spider web.
What do you need to make a web?
A lot of tape.

A lot of yarn.
And room where you can tie yarn to the doors and tape yarn to the furniture and walls and your mommy won't get mad at you.
I didn't. (Because I was in my right mind.)


What made this web even cooler was the bugs.
They got out the bugs my dad got for William for Christmas (William is the bug man, remember?) and attached them to the web.
Some were taped, like the ant.
Some were tied.
Like the fly.
Funny how the spider got caught in his own web.
I never would have thought of this. They are much better at thinking outside the box than I am.
And I do so love to let them do it.
What fantastic play do your kids dream up? I'd love to hear.

1 comment:

Brooke said...

That is so CUTE! Mine usually just make elaborate construction sites and such. I love the web and the insects :D It is cute to see what they find to amuse themselves.