Monday, May 10, 2010

A Perfect Day

What does your perfect day look like?
Sleeping in? Getting a massage? Lounging by the pool, eating when you want, reading a book with no pictures and not having to referee any meltdowns?
Yes, those all sound good to me.

But you know what, this day was even better than that.
Starting with, flowers.
I got 3 bouquets because Aaron let them each pick for me. Red tulips from James, because I love red. Pink tulips from Lilly because she likes pink. So do I. And a mixed bouquet from William with lots of yellow daises because he can't resist yellow.
They were so happy to give them to me. And I was so happy to get them.

Then, breakfast at the beach.
Not relaxing at our table and lingering over coffee.
But sitting on the boardwalk and watching the kids play on the playground.
And looking at this view.
I am a Mom!
I have 3 kids here and 1 in heaven.
This is what I always knew I wanted to be.
I just never knew it would be this good.
After breakfast, a trail to explore.
A long, steep climb.
With rewards along the way from small,
to inspiring,
to grand.
And a sleepy girl who fell asleep in her Daddy's arms on the way up and stayed asleep all the way down.
Without him I would not have these beautiful beings who fill up my days and my heart. Thank you Aaron for making me a mother. That is the best gift of all.

___________________________
The trail we hiked was Willow Canyon in the Laguna Coast Wilderness Park. It is a mile and a half 1 way, with a 650 foot elevation gain. It is not an easy hike but it is beautiful. I'll give you a few more details about it tomorrow.

No comments: