Wednesday, August 19, 2009

More VBS--In the Outback

Another summer of VBS
All Aboard! A couple of weeks ago, we boarded the train and headed into the Australian Outback for another VBS adventure. This time it was at my Dad's church, Emmanuel Baptist, in Fallbrook. As I mentioned in an earlier post, I spent every summer I can remember attending at least a couple VBSs around town. I guess my kids are doing the same thing.

We never miss Dziadzi's VBS. Everyone gets to be a part of it, even Lilly. We get to be with our cousins and see old friends that we only see at VBS (hi Kimm!) It is loads of fun and each one of my babies has attended since they were newborns. It is fun to watch them change and grow from one year to the next. They learn so much. And more than anything, they spend a week experiencing the joy of the Lord. What could be better?

Here are some of our favorite parts of EB VBS 2009
We always love crafts
The dress up days.
William won blue day and James won coral reef day
Music. This year, William loved singing and learning the actions.
Last year he was too shy.
James loved it too. In fact, one day he even got to help lead songs.
Lilly even gets in on the action.
Snack time and making friends.
It warmed my heart to see my boys sitting at the "boys' table" with their little buddies, laughing and swapping stories.
And on the last day, it's...
Water Day!!!!
And I don't think they could have had any more fun.

No comments: