Saturday, July 4, 2009

Welcome Summer

June gloom.  We get it every year, but this year it seemed to last a very long time.  I kept waiting for that glorious morning where I awake to bright sunshine, warmth in the air and the energy it gives me for the day.  Those mornings I wake up and I can't wait to get started.  To go somewhere.  To make something.  To cook. To plant.  To just do.  The kind of morning that says, summer's here

Instead I kept waking to gray.  Those mornings make me want to stay in bed.  Drink hot tea. Read a book.  I hardly get anything done.   Oh boo to June gloom.  Finally I tired of it.  "We're going to the beach, " I said.  So we did.  And it was just lovely.
In fact, we saw a pod (?) of dolphins!  It was so exciting for the boys.  Here's James searching the sea for more.  (I know he's looking at the sand.  He turned his head right when I snapped the photo.)
The weather was just right for playing in the sand.  The sun even came out after a bit and chased the June gloom away.  
We just can't let the weather, or anything else, determine our mood.  I choose to be happy.  I choose to welcome summer.  
(Please refer me to this post when it gets really hot in September!)   

1 comment:

Shannon said...

I love that picture of Lilly holding the rock. I miss pudgy little baby hands. :(