Friday, July 17, 2009

Summertime Sleepyness

We've reintroduced the nap for summertime. Can I tell you how wonderful it is? OH MY WORD! I forgot how marvelous, amazing really, it is to have 3 sleeping children smack in the middle of the afternoon when I often want to smack them. Kidding. Kind of.
We were in a good groove of no naps and early bed time, and this will set us back, I know. But after a morning of pooling or bike riding or slip and sliding or beaching, or all 4, they often ask me for a nap. These boys are plum tuckered.
Besides, when it is hot in the afternoon, naps just seem like the right thing to do. Beds almost call to you, like the call of the siren. It makes for later bed times, and sometimes I do regret that. But most nights we are enjoying the warm summer air and the light that lasts past 8. It's summer and we want to make the most of it.
I think autumn might be hard for me.

No comments: