Tuesday, June 23, 2009

I Miss the Beach

While we were still down in Fallbrook, it hit me one day. "I miss the beach."  At home, we see the water almost everyday.  We can smell the ocean.  Besides the park, the beach is our most common destination.  It had been nearly a month since we'd been there.  I love hiking the wilderness, but I love walking the sand too.  So we headed to South Carlsbad state beach. 

The waves, the sand, the sound of the surf, the sky, the smell of salt water, the circling birds, they restore me.  
It was nice to be there with the kids.
Cute.
Silly.
Fun.
Sweet.
Teething.
Still teething.
Wonderful.
Beautiful.
"How many are your works O Lord!  In wisdom you made them all: the earth is full of your creatures.  There is the sea, vast and spacious, teeming with creatures beyond numbers --living things both large and small."  Psalm 104: 24-25
I am thankful for the ocean.

No comments: