Friday, October 31, 2008

Trick or Treat

Have I mentioned that I love Halloween?  I do.  I have for as long as I can remember.  I loved dressing up as a kid, and can remember almost all of my costumes.  I still love dressing up as an adult.  One of my favorites things about teaching was dressing in a costume every year.  One year I dressed as a construction worker, beard and all, and had the kids call me Mr. Eskridge all day.  Another year I was a rapper.  I borrowed stuff from my students: bling, do rag, boom box, and talked like them for the day.  "Fo shizel."  It was a blast.

This year William was able to really enjoy Halloween.  He was about 20 steps behind James, but he made his way to every door and said "trick or treat" just like the big kids.

He was so into his bucket of candy that he would not allow anyone else to carry it for him; even when it was clearly too heavy for him to carry.  He switched it from hand to hand, carried it in the crook of his elbow, but would not let go of it. He actually fell over sideways at one of our last stops because the weight of his candy bucket was too much for him.  He loved it.  


He especially loved eating the candy.  I believe when James was this age he got a very small amount of candy after trick or treating.  Like 2 pieces.  It really didn't phase him because he hardly knew what candy was.  I have no idea how much candy William ate tonight.  He definitely knows what candy is.  Ah, second child.  Your life is so much freeer than your older sibling.  It is amazing we didn't have Lilly sucking on her first lollipop. 
 

Despite the candy, William did fall asleep tonight.  Now I think I'll go raid his candy bucket. Happy Halloween!

2 comments:

hereamiphilippines said...

The best part of having kids has to be the ability to raid their candy bag! Yeah for trick or treating!

Greta said...

Well, not the best....but it is pretty high up there. At least until they get old enough to realize that thier supply is dwindling.