Monday, November 23, 2009

I'm Thankful For: Brothers and Sisters

These pictures were taken exactly a year ago.


And this one last week.

They are such good friends.
I am so grateful that they have one another. Sometimes I am amazed when I see the 3 of them playing together. They share a room. They share toys. They take baths together. They share a life. And because they have each other, their life is much, much richer.

The night before I was scheduled to have William, I remember feeling like such a traitor to James. I knew I would love this new baby, but in a way, it seemed like bringing another baby into our perfect little family of 3 was like bringing in an intruder. I could not wrap my mind around the idea of loving any one else as much as l loved James. I felt a little sad that our time as a family of 3 was over.

I had none of those fears or feelings when I left for the hospital to have Lilly. I felt only joy knowing how much James and William loved and needed one another, and that another sibling would only add to that. And she has.

Lilly has given something unique to each of her brothers. Her relationship with each one of them is different, as is their relationship with her and each other. I enjoy seeing how they interact with one another and as a whole. And in the span of one year, their love for each other, their bond with each other has grown and strengthened beyond what I could have imagined. It is indeed, something to be thankful for.

"O give thanks unto the Lord, for He is good, and His love endures forever."
Psalm 118:1

1 comment:

Lillian said...

You brought tears of joy to my eyes. Oh we love them all so much. God is so good. He gives us so much love that we can love so much.