Friday, January 30, 2009

After Christmas Fun

After everyone felt better, our Christmas vacation was lots of fun.  There were lots of new toys to play with.  James and Scotty loved the Star Wars Legos.

There was also lots of cousin time.  James and Cora are always together, usually getting into some kind of mischief.  But this year, all the cousins did a great job playing together.  If Scotty and Jamers were playing Legos, Cora and William played together.  The best was when they all played family.  James and Cora were always the Mommy and Daddy.  William is always the baby, and Scotty just fills in as needed.  Sometimes he was the dog, the vet, the teenager or whoever else Cora told him to be.  They all had a great time together.  It is hard to imagine that next Christmas we'll have 2 more little ones running around trying to keep up with the big kids.


We also took a trip to Balboa Park.  We always ride the train there.  It is the same train my parents rode as kids, Aaron and I rode as kids, and now our kids ride.  I like sharing that with them.

Of course we also ride the planes too.  I remember riding these when I was little.  Except I liked the butterflies.  I don't even remember the planes being there.


Aaron asked William to give a "thumbs up" and this is it.  To the untrained eye, this looks like "number 1".  But it isn't. I'd give after Christmas fun 2 thumbs up.







1 comment:

Erin McDonald said...

I can't wait to have kids and take them places Justin and I used to go. I am so glad that are able to do that with your kids and if the Lord wills it that they might also be able to take their kids where their great grand parents used to go! What a great family story! I love you guys and can't wait to see you!