Tuesday, December 23, 2008

Christmas Traditions Part 4

This year, Aaron started a new tradition.  He and the boys hung Christmas lights.  He has hung them in the past, but this year he let the boys help.  It took much longer than usual, of course, but the boys really liked helping him.  They like to do real jobs.  

The real question is whether Aaron will continue with his old tradition of leaving the Christmas lights up all year long. By Easter the sun has faded them to a nice pastel shed and make they make great Easter lights.  By summer they are bleached completely white and make great summer evening lights. And by the next Christmas, there they are, already up and you don't even have to do a thing but plug them in.  

I am not a big fan of this tradition.

You can't really see the lights very well in this picture, but they looked great, I promise.


We also hung my Merry Christmas sign.  I think this is my favorite decoration of 2008.  I want to make glittery signs to hang in my window for every holiday now.  Happy Festivus everyone!






1 comment:

Erin McDonald said...

How cool! I love your sign. How did you make it? I would love to try my hand at this glitter stuff! Maybe we will have to make a trip to your house in March to have a craft day!