Saturday, November 22, 2008

Not Too Bad

Despite my trepidation, the day didn't turn out all that bad.  The boys and I made play dough while Lilly took her morning nap.  Then we all went to the Farmer's Market, where I had time to pop my head into a great little shop, that you can read about on my other blog.  We enjoyed lots of samples at the FM and discovered how amazing persimmons are.  Home to nap (everyone!) and then to the park with our friends.  

Here is another  thing I don't understand about kids.  When you are sick, you should just want to lay around.  Do nothing.  Rest.  Recoup.  Drink hot tea and eat toast.  Maybe your mommy will even let you lay on the couch and watch a movie.  Doesn't that sound delightful?  Well, except for the fact that you are sick.  But still.  You should want to lie down.

But not kids.  At least not my kids.  They still want to play.  They still have lots of energy.  They still want to run around and be loud and be their normal selves.  Except, they are more cranky.  For them, being sick means doing everything they normally do, except doing it more crankily.  Not a word, I know.  But after a day with the crankies, I am feeling a little cranky myself.  Don't argue with me.

Pics are from the park in some of the not so cranky moments.  

1 comment:

Erin McDonald said...

I hope you are enjoying every moment of those fall days sick or not! I am totaly missing the fall season. I forgot that I love fall and that "plum" my favorite fall color looks so good on me and well i can't wear my long sleeve plum top ever because it is too hot! So have a cup of tea and a good book and enjoy the cooler weather! Love you! thanks for the pictures!